Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

compensation for working on national holidays

Page no : 2

Vikash Singh (Astt. Manager)     24 August 2013

I work in Dena Bank(Public Sector Bank) as an Astt. manager. Often i work on Sundays and national holidays. Can you clarify the exact set of rule and regulation that is applicable on Government sector Bank employee working on national holidays and Sunday. Is there any mandatory overtime payment rule or indian labour law by GoI which is applicable on us too??

Tejinder (SSE)     03 October 2013

Hi ,

There are lot of small architects offices in Chandigarh and Panchkula .They never give the leaves on national holidays . Is there any organization Monitering them , or is there any system in place to which we can complaint about the same.

And what type of punishment is given to these organizations in this case

Amu   25 September 2016

Hello Sir, I work for a Pvt Ltd compant in Navi Mumbai. We have only one weekly off and till this month we use to get an option to take that week off on any day which we would like to, but all of a sudden our management has made it compulsory to take a week off on Sundays.. next Sunday i.e 2nd Oct being an National Holiday we are asked to take a week off on the same day.

If we take a week off on 2nd Oct we will miss on the extra comp off or the double pay. 

The organisation is simply trying to play smart so that they save on the extra off and the double pay.

As per our Law we should be getting an extra off in the week there is a national holiday right? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 September 2016

Refer to National Holiday and Festivals and list mandatory number of hoildays....

Sukanya   12 February 2018

Dear Sir,

Kindly let me know, in a consulting firm or pvt ltd company, who all are entitled for comnpensatory off? Only labour / peon/driver? Or Managers as well?

Thanks in advance.

Syed Tanvir Hussain   30 August 2023

Sir, can you guide me on the applicable notifications relating to West Bengal for working on National Holiday? Is it that I am only entitled to compensatory leave only or compensatory leave along with double salary for the day?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2023

omplaint to DM.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 September 2023

Pleas post the query in a fresh thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register