LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Sharma (State Head)     19 December 2011

Compensation for delay in flat possesion

I had booked a 3BHK flat in Ahmedabad in the month of Feb' 11. During booking the builder handed over a broucher in which they had mentioned that the possesion will be between Aug' 11 to Oct'11 but they failed in their commitment. They have finished the work this week only. I am paying Rs. 33000 emi from Aug and paying a rent of Rs. 13500/month. When I asked for the compensation for Nov & dec they rejected my request. Request you to give your suggention. Can i approach consumer court.

Learning

3 Replies

harsh asthana (advocate)     19 December 2011

You can but the delay is only 2 months, you case will be strong if there is some more delay

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     20 December 2011

u must have signed an agreement with the builder which contains the penalty clause for delay possession. anyways u may approach consumer forum.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 December 2011

Sir,

The date of possession shall be according to the Registered Agreement. You can very well demand a refund of the rent, that you have been paying, from the date mentioned in the Registered Agreement  to the date of actual possession. You should approach the Consumer Distress Redressal Forum.

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register