LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tage Kanno (Executive Director)     28 June 2010

Compensation for Damage

What are the options for the aggrieved party when a passenger vehicle collides with another vehicle parked on the roadside and causes major damages?


 6 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     28 June 2010

To lodge a complaint in the nearest Police Statio after which the police books case under relevant provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act against the offending vehicle and its driver.

amit (professional)     28 June 2010

well i m not agree with Mr.Barman.

first  FIR at has to be lodge at nearest Police Station.Than police register case Under IPC.

Than aggrived party can seek compensation under Motor Vehicle Act.

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     28 June 2010

The Police authority is also authorised to book cases under vaious provisions of Motor ehicle Act. To apply for compensation is also another provision of the same Act .

Tage Kanno (Executive Director)     29 June 2010

Thanks for the response. Is there any stipulated time within which the claim for compensation has to be filed?

Jagan mohan (advocate)     29 June 2010

sir u just made a complaint to the nearest police station and the S.H.O write an F.I.R ,

after giving complaint to the police, u filed a case against the owner of the vehicle and Insurance company for claiming damages. After elobrate equiry the honourable court granted damages to u, you must filed F.I.R copy and other documents which ever necessary for proving ur defence.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     30 June 2010

There no stipulated time for iling compensation petition, but u have to give complaint to police is must , it should not be after some time, to get compensation complaint is must

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads