LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gourav khobre   22 August 2021

Compensation appointment

My father working in Madhya Pradesh Madhya kshetra electricity board and died due to corona. My father has two children gourav and lucky. Lucky apply for a compensation appointment but his application was rejected for the reason *gourav working in nationalisation bank.but Gourav is married and residing separately with his family 600km away from his family From last 4 years. What is the definition of family and can I use action

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 August 2021

The Supreme court has taken the issue seriously and Central Government has to submit compassionate relief for a pandemic.

Please file RTI to CPIO, DOPT online, and seek authentic definition from them.  If the brother is separated from the family after marriage, while you are living with your father, you are not considered dependent on your brother legally.  It costs Rs.10/- to seek such information from Apex authority DOPT..  Also file RTI application to your brother's bank, seeking the information as to whether your brother has declared you as his dependent or claimed any benefits like LTC.

All covid victims are definitely eligible for Compassionate appointments

The discretion of considering CA is on the deceased employer.  Immediately write a letter that your brother is separated from the family and working at ..........and he has his only family to take care of and your dependence will be a burden to him and he is not willing to support you financially..

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 August 2021

You may submit a representation to the higher authority and if no favorable response within reasonable time, the matter could be taken up for judicial review before Administrative Tribunal/High Court.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2021

Compassionate appointment can not claimed as a right.

However, if the Electricity department has considered the application of Lucky and rejected it on the ground that you are working in a  nationalised bank, it is an invalid stand, challenge it before higher authorities.

Family of deceased employee consist of his widow and children.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register