LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarkumar (business)     16 July 2015

Compensation

Wife has asked for one time compensation of 15 lakhs in her petition, if judge orders me to pay the compensation, if I dont pay the money(i dont have so much money,i have only 1 lakh in my account , no movable or immovable property), what punishment the judge can give me(imprisonment or something else) it is not criminal case.

Learning

7 Replies

madhuri_bansal (CA)     17 July 2015

The Judge usually cannot go beyond the payment capacity of the husband. However, I would suggest you to kindly, put more details of the same here viz. what Act and section she asked you for compensation.

You must plead the opposite that you cannot pay the said amount and beat her claims based on merits and falsity of her claims.

(Guest)

If you are unable to pay such amount, then court cannot do anything, it cannot punish you for not having 15 lacs.  Or do one thing, ask judge long term loan of 15 lacs, lets  see if he gives.  What I suggest is better fight case and dont give any money to wife.  Tell  judge you can give 50000/- and not more than that.  Keep 50k for yourself and give 50k, if judge orders you to pay 15 lac then ask him to pay rest of the amount. -))

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 July 2015

no court will force you what ever your wife demands as compensation first court will see all the variables and from your side also and then ask you how much you can pay and will order compensation

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 July 2015

No Judge will order U to pay the amount as desired by the wife.The court will decide according to UR present financial status. Don't panic right now.

kumarkumar (business)     17 July 2015

thanks 

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     18 July 2015

Always there is a differance in what is demanded or Pryered in the court and what actually Court orders in the Judgement. Court is always resonable in its orders which has to be based on genuine platforms like financial status or the parties and what kind of life they both were pleading after their marriage plus the earning capacity of a person based on his/her past earning average.

So dontworry at all what so ever the judgement will be in your case will be an affordable judgement. based on circumstances of the case and also adjudgeing the question of  compensation/ Alimony or maintenance.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     18 July 2015

Always there is a differance in what is demanded or Pryered in the court and what actually Court orders in the Judgement. Court is always resonable in its orders which has to be based on genuine platforms like financial status or the parties and what kind of life they both were pleading after their marriage plus the earning capacity of a person based on his/her past earning average.

So dontworry at all what so ever the judgement will be in your case will be an affordable judgement. based on circumstances of the case and also adjudgeing the question of  compensation/ Alimony or maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register