LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvarani   06 April 2018

Compassionate ground job - for the past 9 years fighting

My dad Mr. D. Chandrasekaran passed on October 2009 and he was working as a O.A in Tamilnadu Housing Board - Mudurai branch.

I have applied to get his job under  Compassionate Grounds in TNHB @ December 2009. Till date i haven't get any appointment order in this Housing board department. For the past 9 years I am keep on walking to this head office and writing may pettison's. But they replied back to me as "your application is in process but we didn't have have any opening wright now . will let you know when we have opening". 

But TNHB announced  "Direct Recruitment 2017" for 300 vacancies and they conduct  the exam and going to issue appointment order for those cleared in the Direct Recruitment. However I didn't get any order in  Compassionate Grounds - since i am waiting for more than 9 years.

Please suggest me how to get my dad's job whether can we file a case against this "Direct Recruitment 2017" appointments ? Whether can I get my dad's job inder  Compassionate Grounds in  Tamilnadu Housing Board. 

Please suggest me 

Learning

5 Replies

Ashish Tewatia   07 April 2018

first of all make it sure that you are eligible for that
for eg . 1. You have the required academic qualification
2. As the job on compassionate grounds are given on economical grounds make sure you fall under the limits of that .. for eg . your economic status

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 April 2018

By compaasionate appointment, you are not getting your Dad's job. This is a miunderstanding. It is only that the a dependent of a deceased employee is given appointment on compassionate grounds on relaxation of recruitement rules. Public institutions follow well laid down norms in making such appointments. Appointment given only in deserving cases, that too at the lowest rung.

You can seek information under the RTI Act as to the norms in force, number of such applications under consideration since 2009, appointments made etc.etc. and decide next course of action. You can approach a court of law if the information reveals a  real case of discrimination.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 April 2018

Compensate appointment can not be claimed as a matter of right, the employer of your deceased father may or may not oblige you.

Concentrate on other avenues to secure your job.

Yuvarani   10 April 2018

Hi Ashish Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have required all the academic qualification 
I am eligible to get this compassionate grounds and my application was accepted by the concern (T.N.H.B) department. But I am in the waiting list for the past 9 years.

Yuvarani   10 April 2018

Hi Venu Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually my father was in illness around 4 to 5 years and he passed away when he was in service in Tamilnadu Housing Board. 

If he live he will be retire on September 2019 only. Because of the illness he passed on October 2009 itself. I have applied for this compassionate grounds job on the immedaite next year of 2010 and my application was accepted by  concern (T.N.H.B) department. But I am in the waiting list for the past 9 years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register