LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Nassy   31 October 2021

Compassionate appointment in central government of india

My Father Late Mr .Nassy TA is a Central Government employee in ministry of Earth Science and he has left 6 months service for retirement and passed away.. Is there a possibility for compassionate appointment as a son in central government ? Please help me for this anyone here.. mail id :


 13 Replies

Shashi Dhara   31 October 2021

Contact the higher authority of Ur fathers office and verify ,ifany proviso apply for compassionate job.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 October 2021

As our father has died while in service, a compassionate appointment can be made if you are eligible as per required qualifications, age etc,. But you have to submit an application to the Appointing Authority of your father's department within a year.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 November 2021

Compassionate appointment is not a right, but a discretion of the employer, and the authorities should find a reason that without providing support to the family, the family may suffer financially for sustenance due to loss of bread earner in the family.   You can submit a petition from the wife of the deceased explaining the financial instability due to the sudden loss of bread earner and praying for such an appointment.  After one month if there is no reply, file an RTI application and seek information on the status of the petition.  The deceased is at fag end of his career, and a few months are only left for his retirement, and he is expected to have taken proper care of his children and ought to have planned for a comfortable retirement.  The family may receive several lakhs as retirement benefits.  The employer takes care of all these obligations, and the prevailing policy and may decide on inquiring about the financial status of the family.

1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 November 2021

Please contact the Officials of the Department where your father was working. They shall guide you. Also contact the employee Union or Association to which your father was attached. They shall help you in the matter.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 November 2021

Yes, you may submit the application as prescribed.

1 Like

Abhishek Nassy   01 November 2021

Actually in their office its the first time a employee in service was dead and they don't have any proper idea whether the appointment will be success eventhoug they are submitting the compassionate appointment.. and the office belonging to kerala. They have been senting the application to Delhi Head i'm also confused with the information given by them whether i will get this job ASAP 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 November 2021

Central government department has the "first" such case ?? 

Contact officers concerned.

Abhishek Nassy   02 November 2021

I mean for their office its a first case

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 November 2021

Compassionate appointment can not be claimed as matter of right,it depends on various reasons/factors such as vacancy of post ,financial background of applicant and other grounds.You may try.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 November 2021

All that is required of you is to submit the appication. It is not in your knowledge or expertise how the office deals with the application. Certainly, officials ought to be knowing the procedure.

Abhishek Nassy   02 November 2021

I had submitted the application yesterday..and the same under secretary in the office told me that his retirement also in this month...and i donno whether i will get updates aftr that also ..about the application where it is approved from the authority

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2021

File online RTI Application to DOPT and seek such copy of an order,.  Please search in their website for such O& M with key input "Compassionate appointment".  DOPT O&M is a directive and applicable to all Central Govt organizations.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 November 2021

You are unnecessarily fretting over the imponderables; there is no need to be wiser the  authorities concerned in processing your application.

After a period of six months or so, you may ascertain the status of your application and if no satisfactory response, you may approach the Central Administrative Tribunal, Ernakulam, if so advised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register