Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     01 October 2010

Compassionate appointment

Dear Friends,

A GDS (Postal Department) employee died in harness and his widow has been given compassionate appointment . But the appointment has been made for one year only and subject to approval of CPMG. Approval has not been finalized and one year is going to expire in next week. I have filed OA before Central Adiministrative Tribunal.

I have Two rulings of Allahabad High Court published in local journals, to the efect that a compassionate appointment is always permanent . It can not be temporary or adhoc. I think there is supreme court's verdict also on the same line but, I  do not  recollect the citation. I will be deeply obliged if any of my friends could provide the supreme court's citation and other decisions on the above point.

Thanks in advance,

VNT

Learning

4 Replies

sinuvasu (advisor)     02 October 2010

dear sir,it is very strange that postal dept.provided employment on compasanate ground for only one year.Reently I also filed an OA in CAT-Jabalpur for employement against compassonate ground in postal dept. Whereas the representation/request  already given by the widow of the deseased in postal dept.but the concerned authority refused the employment in harsh.I had the the guideline/notification issued by the ministry of labour to postal and some other dept.of central govt related to the compensation appointments,in which it was explainde in a tabular form and point wise allotment of the family financial/other condition,in which they must secure min.marks to qualify for the appointments.pls let me know if any cititation/s u gathered in this matter.pls send me ur contact no..

sinuvasu.Advocate

mob.9827174672/9039278705

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     02 October 2010

Thank you Mr. Shivanshu. I think you are relying on Notification  -

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     02 October 2010

Thank you Mr. Shivanshu. I think you are relying on notification -

" No. 37-36/2004-SPB-1/C. Government of India
Ministry of Communication & IT
Department of Posts

SPB-1/C. Section
Dak Bhawan, Parliament Street,
New Delhi
– 110001

No. 37-36/2004-SPB-I/C Dated 20.01.2010

Sub: - Scheme for Compassionate Appointment – Relative Merit Points and Procedure for selection "

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     07 October 2010

Dear Sinuvasu,

Today I have got the stay order. However, the case is to be thoroughly preared for final arguments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register