Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

agopinath (Not Employed)     22 April 2010

Company Not settling travel expense post resignation

Hi

I was working with hyderabad base IT company  (Satyam) uptill last year, for a period 2.5 years.During this period i have had to travel on official work to the middle east on company expense. 

When i have put in my papers two such expense reports were still to be settled. one of the claim has a approved deviation in the ammount allocated for  the stay, the stay in dubai was also booked by the company.My manager at the time had approved the same and hence teh company had booked the hotel.  However post jan 6th 2009 the company due to impropritary done my the MD and CFO etc... went into a major turmoil, during which period my manager was also changed in the system.

The finance required me to resubmit the expense report again in the system so it can be rerouted to my new manager for re aproval, but since i had already put in my papers the HR, processed the resignation and with drew my access to the expense system before this could be done.

I have been following up with the satyam HR and Finance team for over 6 mnths now (have mail trails of their communication however some partys were orally done), the HR team and the finance team has also been let go or resuffled now due to the org resturcturing that has happened.

Now the leagal team has sent me a notice asking me to pay the outstanding ammount or else face

legal action for which i will need to pay.

can you please advice what my options are, the total due as per satyam team is about 5.5 Lacs.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

regards

Learning

1 Replies

radha (freelancer)     23 April 2010

Do you have the aknowledgment of the expense claim submitted by you, and copy of the approval.

You may compile the complete deatils  Date wise:

Phone calls, verbal communications,minutes of discussion, emails,letters,details of your followup,and reply by registered post to the concerned person, and also to The Managing director, and point out the delay and deficiency specifically,on their part, in a polite manner, and appraise them that it is them who have still to release your payment,despite your follow up to get your earned wages, and ask them to disburse it within a specific time.
If you are at the location of the company Headquarter you may meet them , and appraise them, with the relavant details, and post meeting record and send the minutes. If your issue is not resolved,you may have to issue legal notice and lodge a money claim.
I shall be appropriate if you meet a local service lawyer,discuss the documents, details and data, available with you, and obtain legal advice,and send a legally balanced reply. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register