LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh (TSE)     13 August 2014

Company not providing relieving letter

Hi, I worked for a BPO Company in Chennai for 17 Months (last working day June 2013) and due to personal reasons I applied for resignation through the internal tool stating that I can serve only 1 Week as notice period (Quoted the start date and End date as well) and informed that I am ready to pay any amount to get relieved. But none of them called me for discussion related to this for 4 Days, Later I spoke to my HR and her reporting HR manager but of no use.Even my accounts manager and process owner also didn’t accept to relieve me.

Since I had no other choice I Left the job without realizing the importance of relieving letter. After few months I mailed the Settlement team for FNF (I had 20 days of my salary with them and also had 10 days leave balance) they deducted all that and informed me to pay 300 Rupees more to clear the dues, SO I took a DD and sent to the company- later they have sent me EXPERIENCE Letter stating reason for separation as Termination (Job Absconding) even though I informed about my resignation and cleared all dues too..This is the reason why I am completely unhappy.

Even though I intimated them about my resignation none of them accepted-But my offer letter clearly says we can serve 30 Days notice period Or can Opt for Pay out option. But company didn’t provide me the payout option. After working with that company I took 12 Months break so if I don’t get this relieving letter there will be 3 Years pf gap in my career which will be a big problem. Already I loosing all MNC opportunities the moment I say I don’t have relieving letter…

I request everyone here to please guide me how to get the relieving letter form my company. Is there any option to proceed legally?? Will I face any problems due to that?? Please let me know approximate charges(fees) if I wish to proceed legally.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2014

Repeated query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Company-denying-to-provide-relieving-letter-107297.asp#.U-t9KuOSwb8

Dr R SHANMUGA SUNDARAMM (Advocate)     13 August 2014

Better you can proceed legally

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register