LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umesh (Director)     29 November 2014

Company name registration

Can i register a properiotary company for say manufacturing and seling apparel.

In future can i use this same company name to sell furniture or food products (which are not in same line as apparel)?Or do i have to register a properiotary company again.

Learning

5 Replies

Umesh (Director)     01 December 2014

waiting for a reply.

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     01 December 2014

If you make a company specifically for the trading in apparels only, then you cannot trade in foods and furniture under the same company because in the objects of the company you will be restricted to apparels. It is better you do not specifically mention the apparels in the objects of the company and replace it with goods. Otherwise at a later stage when you want to trade in furniture you need to amend the objects of the company.

1 Like

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 December 2014

Yes rightly stated by Jatin Mittal your Object Clause of your company should include what you have stated in your query so is MOU when you register your company name before ROC he will rectify weather the name you use is alloted before or not then you can proceed further with he business 

1 Like

Umesh (Director)     03 December 2014

How do multinationals do business of differnt catagories under same brand name / company name.Or they have to register a company each time they introduce a product?

Also can i leave the objects column in registration blank so as to add any business in future?

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 December 2014

You can also do business with same brand name once you get incorporation approval from ROC Registrar of Company if he does not objects you can do business in the same name no need to register 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register