LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra Sekhar (xyz)     17 October 2013

Company deducting money for lost of company's asset


I work for a company which deals with electronic devices partnered with US based company.  As these devices will be circulated to number of customers for demo purposes by sales people somehow it was lost or it was stolen but there is no solid proof of lost or stealing of the device.  Assuming this was lost by all the employees of the office the branch head of a company sent a mail that an amount of 12k will be deducted from everybody's salary.  Now in this office there is no proper installation of video survillance, there is no proper documents available pertaining this particular device.  Moreover, the office have employees earning salary from 8k/month to 1lakh/month.  Now, the management is going to deduct the same amount of money as recovery across all the employees. Since we are salaried employees and we cant even fight back with management as it is a matter of bread & bread are seriously in trouble.  I dont see this is right, as company cannot blame other innocent employees of the office.

Request someone guide us how can we get out of this or if we can take it legally then want to know how can we take this further




 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2013

If you are afraid to raise protest for the fear of retrenchment or any other reason, collect all like minded people together and represent together unitedly so that you may get some respite.

Chandra Sekhar (xyz)     18 October 2013

In fact, we are all low salaried & average salaried people are afraid as they may fire us next day without any reason if we speak against it.  Considering the termination clause in our offer letters.  It would be if someone guide how can we face it legally.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

There are lot of provisions for protection employees rights under various provisions of labor law of the land.  You may even write to the Inspector of labor welfare or Inspector of Factories narrating the injustices you all have been meted out by your employer and while doing so you may request them to keep your identity secret so that your  employer is venturing into vengeful actions against you.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 October 2013

Labor Officials are expected to suo mottu notice of such incidences therefore a phone call may be sufficient.

You can hint that State/Central Minster, all trade unions shall be approached soon you may call a press conference and this may make them move at a lightening speed.


Employees should form IC, Guild, works committee and be member of trade unions.


If you are skilled find another job with better remuneration, position in a company with good HR practices.

If you are not overage prepare well and appear in various exams/tests and be with……………e.g;  bank, LIC, Defense services where you shall have a better future.

Don’t waste your youth with such employers.




1 Like

Chandra Sekhar (xyz)     22 October 2013

Dear All, Thank you for your kind advices. This helps me a lot. Regards, CS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query