LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amandeep Singh   17 July 2022

Compansation to govt employees for extra working days on gazatted holidays

I am a senior Assistant in police department. Officers often called me for duty on gazetted holidays by verbally. Other employees constable to inspector rank also attend the office on gazetted holidays but govt gives them compensatory pay, which is called 13th pay. But no compensation gives to me. Am I eligible to get compensation from govt. If yes, what compensation should be met to me.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2022

You have an influential association to guide you properly.  Let a friend or relative file an RTI application to SPIO of Supdt of Police seeking the information as follows:

Information solicited

1. Please provide a certified copy of rules & regulations that states the compensation payable for those clerical staff that was called for doing regular office duties during Gazetted holidays.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 July 2022

Which is the State that has authorised 13th pay?  I am not aware or even heard of any such additional pay. And, to my knowledge, such a terminology is unheard of in service jurisprudence.

Amandeep Singh   18 July 2022

Punjab state govt is giving cpay which is called 13th pay this pay is equal to 12 month salary divided by 12

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2022

Is payment of such pay is authorised by a valid notification under Article 309 or any administrative instructions? if so, please furnish particulars.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 July 2022

You are eligible for compensatory leave or payment as per service rules of your organisation. If not paid consult and engage a local prudent lawyer practicing service matters for proper guidance and necessary proceeding.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2023

You are eligibel for compnsatory off

or

transport allowance on such day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register