Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Legal Consultant)     14 November 2013

Compaint against women for demand of money

Hello every one..

I would like to bring a very bizzarre case before you.

I have a friend who was unnecessarily annoyed by a women and that women in fact demanded Rs 2 lakh and threat my friend that if money is not provided to her than a false and baseless complaint of s*xual harassment is to be filed against my friend in a local police station.

That women threatening my friend since 2-3 months on the same ground and demand money.

In this situation what should be course of action for my friend.

Whether he file a complaint before police or an FIR, and if FIR is to be filed than which section of the IPC,1860 is to be used against that women.

Whether a mere complaint against that women will suffice a purpose because she is demanding a money and said that she non payment of money she will file a case of s*xual harassment against my friend.


Suggest me on this case, Which course of action is to be opted.

Police Complaint or FIR and what else if possible


Please Advise and suggest

Kind Regards


 6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 November 2013

1. how your friend know her , what relations are in between them , had ever before your friend had given any money to her against her threats 2 . It is a clear case of extortion , as she had threaten your friend to give her 2 lakhs otherwise she will drag him in s*xual harassment case , it comes u/s 384ipc .3 .tell your friend to record all her threaten calls , sms, emails and immediate make a police report against her to threaten you in dragging false s*xually harassment case if he will not give her 2 lakhs rupees , do It fast before she lodge a police report against him .

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     15 November 2013

Collect proofs of her threats of false cases either in conversation, sms, email. New smart phones have the option of recording all conversation on the phone. Use this proof against her when it is the right time. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2013

Whatis the type of question you are asking this forum to clarify without disclosing the details.  You have withheld  the reasons or facts about your friend's relationship with the woman, is she a mad woman to threaten your friend without any reason?, be clear about what you want with proper details so that you get a proper reply

Gaurav (Legal Consultant)     15 November 2013

with due respect to u sir...Mr. T. Kalaisevan...i present some facts in relation to a problem....and one thing more sir...even if that women don't have any relation to my friend (just suppose).....then don't u think my friend still lodge a police a police station against that a relation is necessary ingredient to to lodge a complaint in a police...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 November 2013

If your friend tries to make a police complaint against the woman, the police will also ask him the same question as Adv. Kalaiselvan is asking, If you want a sound advice from a lawyer, you have to tell the lawyer the whole truth. So Mr. Gaurav the answer to your question is "yes".

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 November 2013

In whichever language one writes, in particular in law, correctness is very important. Reading the title of this post, I thought this is a general one pertaining to women. After opening and reading I find this is a complaint against just one woman. Mr. Gaurav, please use the singular "woman" and not women. The language of law in India is English.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads