LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sashi Kanth (Manager)     01 August 2011

Community certificate - sc


Seasons Greetings!!

I am settled in Chennai for last 12 yrs. I am basically from Andhra Pradesh and I have done my studies in AP itself. I belong a to SC community called, Harijana - Mala (Hindu). I did my Engineering (1991-1995) through SC reservation only. Later I got a permanent Community and residence certificate from my native.

I move to chennai after my engineering for a job, got married to a Tamil Brahmin girl in 1998. I have a daughter (10 yrs) and a Son (5 yrs). Both born in Chennai only.  I would want to get the community certificate for my children. I own a house in Pallavaram. Dont posses a ration card for  the current address. I had one for the address i rented-in 4 yrs back which is not valid now since i changed my residence.

Looking forward for your expert guidance in enabling me get the community certificates for my kids in Chennai.

Thanking you in advance.




 8 Replies

girish shringi (advocate)     02 August 2011

Make change of address of your ration card,take help of nearby ration shop.

Once if you are having the domicile certy as a SC,who stop your child to get the same,as she is almost 10 you must have taken her to school admission,the respected Pricipal of the school will guide you to take the certificate and if its Govt. approved school the said person will said to be an officer on duty his certy will do.

Girish Shringi


Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 August 2011

The permanent community certificate issued to you at Andhrapradesh is not valid for concessions or jobs in Tamilnadu.If at all the community you belong is listed in Tamilnadu under the Scheduled caste, you can get a fresh one,since children born to intercaste couples can adopt the community of the mother or father.

sarah (student)     18 August 2011


My parents have OBC certificates done for my brother. But my caste comes both in OBC and SC categories. Now, I'd like to have SC certificate done. My parents have no idea about these things. Will my SC certificate valid when my brother has OBC certificate?


Thanks for any help/reply.


Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     18 August 2011

If your community is listed both in OBC and Sc, it is your option. Though your brother is having different one, it will not affect your claim.Apply to the authorities and submit the details for getting the certificate desired by you.

sarah (student)     18 August 2011

Thanks a lot for the reply. I was worried sick. In my transfer certificate, after the caste column, it asks whether the student belongs to SC/ST and it's marked as (-) dash. Is it still sufficient to get a SC certificate along with other documents. It need not be specifically mentioned I'm Sc in that column, am I right?


Thanks a lot.

girish shringi (advocate)     19 August 2011

I do agree with Isaac gabriel.

sarah (student)     20 August 2011

Mr Issac Gabriel read my post and he resolved my query. As far as your answer goes, you did not even read my second post. What are you agreeing about? The first post? I already have acknowledged it.
I was awaiting an answer for my 2nd post. Isn't my second post another query? Did you NOT read it?



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 December 2011

Mr  Sarah carefully consult OBC list and SC list prepared by central Govt in respect of your state please do not inadvertnly land in a fraud case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register