LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     21 March 2010

Common Reasons for Divorce in India

1. Isolated family system: In olden days people lived as joint family.. So the kids know to adjust among others. Now people are living as small independent families... so kids are not much aware of adjusting with others (elders/younger)... So when they get into a new family as a Son in law or daughter in law, they find it difficult to adjust with each other...

2. Bring up of parents: My father used to bring snacks as a single bundle, from which my mom will divide and give equal shares to all three of us (me and my two brothers)... So, even if I find a pack on a table, I know I have to share with my siblings, where as our neighborhood uncle used to bring two packets of every snack for his daughter and son... He used to tell that to avoid issues he is doing so... But then those kids never learnt sharing... After marriage, the daughter was not ready to share anything with her in-laws family, thinking her husband jumped from sky and he is all her own... Created lots of mess and currently at her mom's home...

Parents play an important role in bringing up the kids, which teach them a life after marriage also.... Literally I have seen many mothers who teach their daughters to take care of their husbands in such a way that the guys come out of their families, leaving their parents....

3.Comparision: In a tamil movie called Johny, a character (played by Deepa) has a habit of looking for better options... So even changes her boy friend looking for better monetary benefits.... I know few gals, who have this habit of comparing their life with others and spoil their own  

Top causes of divorce in India

1) Ego between partners

2) No communication

3) Stress

4) Not satisfied with each other

5) Don't trust on each other

6) Abnormal behavior

7) Extra-marital affair

8) Property

Are the main reasons for divorce in India.

Regards 

Rajkumar...

Learning

22 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 March 2010

I do agree with author.

A Story:

Once upon a time, there was a fisherman who lived in an old hut with his wife by the sea.  One day, he went for fishing and threw his net into the water, He caught something.

He pulled up the net and it appeared to be a big fish.  "Put me back into the water", said the fish; "I am a magic fish".

"Ok, I will put you back," replied the fisherman.  He came back home and his wife asked him "Why didn't you catch fish today?"

"I caught a fish, but it was a magic fish, so I let it go," said the man.  

"Silly man," said his wife.  "Why didn't you make a wish?  Go back to the magic fish tell him that I need a pretty house.  

"But I don't want to go," said the fisherman.

"Go," said his wife.  The fisherman went to the sea and said "Oh magic fish in the sea, come and listen to me."  The fish came out and he said "well my wife begged a wish of you."

"What does she want?"  The fish asked. "She needs a pretty house", said the fisherman.

"Ok your wife has a pretty house now".

The fisherman went back home and met the pretty house while the old hut had already disappeared. "Oh, we will be happy here," said the fisherman. "We shall see," said the wife; as a material minded lady, she was happy for only a week.  

Again she forced the fisherman to go back to the fish and beg for more than a pretty house for her.  Now she needed a castle.  The fisherman went to the sea and told the fish that his wife needed more than a pretty house, she needed a castle.  The fish asked him to go and assured him that his wife had already got the castle.  

The fisherman went and met the new castle and the pretty house has disappeared, but his wife was happy for only two weeks.  She forced the husband to go back again and tell the fish that she needed more than a castle.  She wanted to be the queen of the moon, the sun, and the sky.  

"But I don't want to go", said the fisherman.  "Go, silly man," said the wife. So the man went and told the fish that his wife wanted a wish again. "She wants to be the queen of the moon, the sun and the sky".  'No', said the fish, "she needs too many things. She cannot be the queen of all these things, now she would go back to the old hut in which she was living." The fisherman went back home and found the previous hut. Everything was gone.

Lessons learnt from this story:

Materialism is not good, one may be lucky at a particular time but one can eventually become a loser.  The lady was living in an old hut with her husband.  They became lucky and had a pretty house from the magic fish and later a castle. But she wanted too much and lost everything. If you want too much, you may not respect your husband. This lady did not respect her husband and even insulted him.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     21 March 2010

Top causes of divorce in India

1) Ego between partners

2) No communication

3) Stress

4) Not satisfied with each other

5) Don't trust on each other

6) Abnormal behavior

7) Extra-marital affair

8) Property

thanks. absolutely right. perfect in observation.

But the obsever is in great trouble as I wrote you earlier. Now preparing myself to give a good fight aganist the false dowry case.

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     21 March 2010

Rajkumar ji ur points are absolutely correct. Nowadays we see youngsters don't bother to give respect to others. And eventually they start disrespecting theirs parents too.

The parents are the mentor of their child's mind. And when the Mentor himself or herself is wrongful then how can one expect good result from the children !

Vic_Kol

You are rightly mentioned about the characteristic of mentor. How ever are you from kolkata?

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     21 March 2010

Yes Rajkumar ji, I am another Same boat traveller like you from Kolkata.

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     21 March 2010

i want to add here that 

for divorce in india reason "one person  in between two family (husband 's family and wife's family ) making mispresentation between husband and wife ,because of his/her personal views and issues .

Dear dishaben d. shah

I have not got your comment. please explain the same.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     22 March 2010

dear rajkumarji,

i add one more point.

no. 9) Too much interference of law, and governmental interference, with a 'feminin zender' biasness

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     22 March 2010

Originally posted by :dishaben d. shah
"
i want to add here that 

for divorce in india reason "one person  in between two family (husband 's family and wife's family ) making mispresentation between husband and wife ,because of his/her personal views and issues .
"

Pls make ur point clear !

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     22 March 2010

Now lets discuss how to stop divorce?

don't go to court then no divorce.

mr raj understood the problem.

i am another shareholder of your boat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register