IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venky (self)     26 November 2013

Common property purchase

My dear Lawyers,


We are planned to purchase an agriculture land from A. 6 acres of Land registered on A’s father name. 10 years back A father expired. A father did not written any WILL. A has only one brother B. A and A brother(B) shares the property equally (3 acres each). They both entered their share (3 acres) each in their  Pattadar passbooks around 9 years back. They both doesn’t have any registered documents about the individual share(3 acres). They have only registered documents (sale deed)on the name of A father. They have only  Pattadar passbooks. To purchace A's share 3 acres A and A's brother is ready to sign.



Quation : To purchase this land (3 acres  from A) do we need A' family members sign(WIFE/Son/Doughter) and A brother family members sign(WIFE/Son/Doughter) ?.


Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 November 2013

Yes. Required.

mayilsamy n (student)     26 November 2013

From the information provided by you, it seems that property is not ancestral and signature A along with of B is necessary if you planned to buy the property by metes and bounds .... In case if you have planned to buy common 1/2 share signature of A alone is enough

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query