Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pabitra Dash   15 May 2016

Commercial space assured return


We have booked a commercial space in RED Mall Ghaziabad with montly basis assured return scheme. But builder is not paying it since last 8 months. When we contacted consumer help line they said this case would be handled by Civil court not by consumer court. Please advise what we can do here


Pabitra Dash


 2 Replies

Shashank   16 May 2016

Hello Pabitra,

If you have booked the aforesaid property for commercial purposes, then you can file a suit in ghaziabad civil court. However, if you have bought the space in question for establishing your own business/trade or any work to earn your livelihood, then you can file a complaint in the consumer forum. I say this because one of my clients has a similar case in NOIDA. He booked an office in Noida, the builder paid the assured returns in the beginning but gradually stopped. Neither he has completed and handed over the office space. We have filed a complaint in district consumer forum and the same has been admitted. We have now been instructed by the cunsumer forum to file evidence. Conclusion, if you have booked the space to earn your livelihood and you are currently dependent upon the assured returns for your livelihood, then you can approach the consumer forum.

1 Like

Pabitra Dash   30 May 2016

Thank you very much for your reply. The property is in my wife's name and she does not have any income. In this case can I say that that the assured returns for her livelihood, then can she approach the consumer forum?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query