Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PREM KUMAR (Sales Manager)     09 June 2018

College is not returning my certificates

Respected Lawyers,

I am an engineering student from Andhra Pradesh, I got admission into lateral entry in 2nd year engineering as I completed my diploma in engineering.  I got admission in the year 2016-17 and I studied there for 6 months and later I found that the college had promissed me all the wrong promises.  Hence, I decided to leave the college during the mid academic year.  Since then I have been requesting them to return my certificates as I can't continue there my education and want to move to some other college.

But the college management is asking me to pay the entire fee of 3 years that comes around 1 lakh rupees which I am unable to pay. Because of them I already lost two academic years i.e. 2016-17 and 2017-18.

Now I want to proceed against them legellay, please suggest me how to proceed against them legally.  Request your valuable suggestion.


 2 Replies

Rahul   09 June 2018

This is Common Tactic used by Schools and Colleges who fail to provide Quality education and on top of that don't want the students to transfer another college .

The colleges are not supposed to ask for entire years fee to give TC Certificate. It is illegal .Plus some colleges also take hostage of Original 10th and Higher education Certificates also hostage.Which is also illegal.

This is what you do .

1.First write a letter to the college seeking TC and Certificates. TAKE A PHOTO COPY OF THAT LETTER .

2. Then tell them that if they don't give back your certificates you will file Police complaint and also Contact your college board and State Eduction Department. And tell them the illegal seizure of Certificates .(By this time the college will give back your certificates) (Note: All colleges affiliated to State Board come under a Central State College,Plus the application form of each college clearly mentions that "ALL ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES OF STUDENT HAVE BEEN RETURNED" Check your yearly engg application form)

3. Stay Calm . Maintain Good relationship with your college. Sometimes the staff of the college if they don't like you .Resort to this types of tactis.

4.IF COLLEGE STILL NOT RETURNED CERTIFICATE , email Engg College Board(attack the photocopy of the letter 1) and file Police Complain.This should get it done.

(Please Like this Comment and Help me in Helping you)


1 Like

ThomasHutchinson   19 September 2019

The college is obliged to do this and it’s not a fact that you can get everything good for yourself only if you receives this certificate. In an ideal understanding, you should know the basic things associated with and how this can help you with the end of your studies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads