Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shraddha Bhat   29 April 2023

College has witheld my original marsheets.

I joined a college to do my master's in 2021, finishes the first semester online, for which The fees was fully paid (1.2 lakhs). Second semester, the college asked us to start attending classes on campus. I was in for huge disappointment. We started classes but then they were not efficient, planned or fruitfull enough. Few of the classes were just us sitting classrooms with some shoddy assignments dumped on us with no one guiding us to do anything. 

I decided to drop out because i wasn't learning anything at. The entire time my learning was stagnant. 

Now that I've dropped out in the middle of the second semester when we were advised to go home during the upcoming of the second wave of COVID. I have realised that the college hasn't released my original documents. From 10th grade marksheets to the 5th semester marksheets of my UG. 

Wen i visit them and ask it back, they are likely to ask me to pay fees for the classes that barely happened. 

How do I deal with this and get my documents back. Please. I've been stuck with this for a year untill i found the platform to look for advice. 

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 April 2023

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer to analyse terms and conditions of college qua fees charged, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2023

You can contact the local advocate and issue a legal notice to the authorities concerned and demand return of the certificates held by them and if no fruitful result is received then you can resort to legal action by approaching the appropriate court for relief and remedy. 

1 Like

Shraddha Bhat   30 April 2023

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

You can contact the local advocate and issue a legal notice to the authorities concerned and demand return of the certificates held by them and if no fruitful result is received then you can resort to legal action by approaching the appropriate court for relief and remedy. 

Thank you very much, will take up your suggestion sir. :)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2023

You are welcome for your appreciations 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register