Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar (na)     29 October 2009

Collection Agent Posing as Police Oficer and Thretning life.

Hello members, I am a professional based in Gujarat Baroda.

I Recieved a Phone call from Delhi from this mobile number. on the date 28/10/2009 at 9 30 am. The person calling asked my name and address later he claimed to be calling from Delhi Police station and addressed himself as a senior oficer. On enquiring the intent of his call he said that he has recieved a complain from bank against my name for collection of dues, this was enough to raise doubts in my mind therefore I asked him to prove his Identity and sought clarification.He reacted sharply and started abusing and using profanity against me and my members of my family. He then threatned my life and warned of dire consequense , police astion tourture and jail.

I was humilited and he made me feel immense personal pain and trauma. he hung up on me and I was left with no reason as to why i was made a subject to this kind of behaviour.

Dear members I called this guy contonously for next 2 hours or so and he did not recieve my calls, I then sent him sms telling him that i need explaination and my wish to clarify the situation, later he recieves my calls and threatens me that he will come down personally and drag me in front of my family and neighbours and take me in custodey with Guj Police and tourture me if I called him again. pls advise me what legal recourse shoud I take.

I understand him to be some collection agent who is Impersonating Police officer Idont have his name and address nor do i have his address of name of the organisation.

Pls Help...

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     29 October 2009

Sunil ji, have you taken any loan and havent repaid it? How you came to the conclusion that he may be some collection agent? He may be somebody else also. Any way , lodge a police compliant and mention the cell number from which you recieved the call. I think if police enquire, it must be easy to identify the caller through that number. Common man is generally scared to go the police station and this is an easy way for others to harass him.

(Guest)

Mr.Sunil,

Lodge a police complain immediatly. In the complaint you writing mobile phone number (from where you received) compulsory. They will inquire and take action. 

Sunil Kumar (na)     29 October 2009

Well the grounds on which I made the conclusion that he is a collection agent is

a) from the very first  moment he was intimidating in the way he was communicating..which any officer/ govt  official will refrain from doing.

b) he never communicated the objective of his call instead he started intimidating and hurling insults at me. further without provocation he threatened my life.

3) My mentioning the option of legal recourse made him end the call.

4) my later attempts to contact were not replied..to me precise i must have called him atleast 95 times in a span of 2 hours.I had to SMS him to get him to call me

pls suggest

(Guest)

Mr.Sunil,

You are saying it is a threatning call.

Who ever he may be, lodge a complaint with the police stating all facts. For evidence get the incomming calls history and the same submit to the police. The Police department will take care of him.

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     29 October 2009

Make sure that FIR is registered in the police station based on your complaint. Get a copy from the PS.

Rest the police will take care.

As suchitra asked I  am also curious to know whether you have any unpaid loan ?

bhupender sharma (head)     03 November 2009

Sunil Kr. U can make a complaint to the police in this regard and request the police authority to keep suvigilece on your phone. and the phone company will provide the detail of teh said phone and take appropriate action in accordance with Law. (Bhupender Sharma) Adv.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register