LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Khade (Business Development Manager)     18 October 2011

Co-operative housing society problem


I heard about you on and I wanted to ask you the resolution of the problem.

I am  LAW student from Pune and also a working professional in an IT company. I and my brother recently took a flat and made a payment to the owner of 3 lakhs out of 20 lakhs for a garden flat.
Its a resell flat and deal was done by a friend who hid from us the problems that the possession is not done, no agreements are done and no dues are paid.

This flat was purchased through auction in the court by the owner who is my friend's Father-in-Law so we waited for a year and they are supporting to us but now society people are creating problems to us. First when we went to repair the flat they said you can not cut the plants which are in my area by the law, and they require the possession copy so gave it to them , then they said to get the agreement which we gave to them and now they are saying to pay the dues and when we go to pay that they say there is no chairman for the society so can not take the dues.

First time they calculated some amount which was pending then they increased that whenever we call them to meet they give us time and then they don't turn back. It is very harassing now  as I waited for 1 year and the owner is also ready to give the flat but the society members trouble us every time by their new demands. There is on e lawyer in the society who is creating all this problem and when we ask him explanation he says dont come to me again.

Please please advice me something.

Thank you,


 3 Replies

kusum gupta (prop.)     19 October 2011

you make a police complain and if that does not work then file a suit

Prashant Khade (Business Development Manager)     19 October 2011

Thank you Kusum Maam, I would like to ask you what should I tell the person Mr Tiwari who is a lawyer and talks arrogantly with us and when we say we will do police compliant then he calms down.

Can you help me to know how I can make him to shut his mouth so that he will not create any problem for us.


Mr.Prashant (HR Head)     12 April 2014

Dear Sirs, Our is a registered coop society in Kandivli (98 residence flats and 24 shops)...Presently the managing committee exists of 7members which is in exsiting for the last 2-2.5yrs. Presently there is a lot of infighting amongst the exsisting 5members ( 1 is always unwell and 1 is a female who is always silent)..... The CHairman and Secretary and Treasurer are against the others and are blaming each other for misappropriation of funds and misuse of power. Due to this infighting there is no development happening and it affects the services like lift,security, cleaniness...etc... THe value of our society has beacause less for this reason. Unfortunately the rest of owners are not in a position to do anything since the chairman and secretary donot even listen to suggestions or even attend meeting reguarlarly. What is the option available to the rest of the members...someone suggested that we call a EGOM and dissolve the committe and appoint new committee but is that legal? The chairman says he is the boss and noone even legal action or even registrar can touch him.... he will complete the full tenure of 5years ... What is the legal remedy...we are fedup with these issues...the registrar is busy since it is election time and we are not legallly strong to understand the validity of the dissolution Can anyone help us pls???? with the various options which we can follow?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads