Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha Rashmi (Sr. Executive- HR)     11 March 2010

Closure of PF


I work as an HR in Allied Lemuir. I have been facing many PF problems with the PF department. There are many PF claims pending for more than 2-3 years. I would like to know whether we can discontinue with the PF and open a PPF account for our existing employees? Would there be any legal implications attached to it? If yes, Can somebody advise me which act supports my question?

Also i would like to know where can i find latest minimum wages of Delhi ( yr 2010) and when will the latest ESI notification get published.




 14 Replies

Shreyas Zinjarde (Advocate/Consultant)     11 March 2010

I think instead of the PPF a Trust as provided under the Act and the Scheme would be proper. Would give details of forming Trust soon

Shrreyas Zinjarde Adv.

Shreyas Zinjarde (Advocate/Consultant)     11 March 2010

The Govt. Labour Office would give you the details of the Minimum Wages as per the retes and the scales including the zones.

Shreyas Zinjarde Adv

Neha Rashmi (Sr. Executive- HR)     11 March 2010

Thanks Mr. Shreyas for your reply. Just let me know that can my company go ahead with the closing of PF account?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 March 2010

Contributing to PF is mandatory both for the employee and employer. Opening of a separate PPF a/c has nothing to do with office PF.

Better write to the Central Provident Fund Commissioner and also the Ministry of Labour about your problem. If they don't listen, try RTI route.

1 Like

Tushar Chowdhary (Lawyer/Consultant)     12 March 2010

Dear Neha,

You can however follow the opinion from Sh. Anil Aggarwal, or you can also opt for exemption under section 17 of the Act. PPF has nothing to do with the EPF Scheme.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     13 March 2010

PF is now online. Try it.

Neha Rashmi (Sr. Executive- HR)     13 March 2010

Dear Mr. tushar!

Thanks for your advise. before writing to labour commissioner i was seeking a legal advise. i would be grateful if you can suggest me a good PF lawyer so that i can get in touch with him and take a legal advise




Anil Agrawal (Retired)     13 March 2010


You are an educated lady and don't need a lawyer to make a complaint to Provident Commissioner. Please do so and also write to the Ministry of Labour. 

An RTI appln would do the trick.

v.k.gupta (advocate)     14 March 2010

You can contact Gupta & Associates, Mobile-9810450922.

Neha Rashmi (Sr. Executive- HR)     14 March 2010

Mr Agarwal,

I am not saying that i need a lawyer to make a complaint. if you have read my forum, it clearly states that i need a legal advise on this. That's why  i am seeking a lawyer. anyhow can you explain me what is RTI all about

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     14 March 2010

DEAR     NEHA,      FILE    ONE       RTI         APPLICATION       BEFORE        THE       PIO     (  PUBLIC    INFORMATION  OFFICER   )   OF  THE   PE  DEPTT.      YOUR      WORK    WILL     BE     DONE.

1 Like

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     14 March 2010

Please propose for constitution of an exempted  PF Trust, to be administered by the Company (Management and employees) Participation. The Trust deed/rules should be submitted to the RPF office for exemption. After their initial inspection, the approval will be granted. Post approval the PF remittance available with the EPF will be transferred to your trust which can maintain the funds and invest them in the approved investments. The details and procedure is available in the EPF's website. There are also corporate firms who would organize this entire job for you company. e.g. Tata Darashaw (Mumbai) Cquel, Kolkatta. They would also manage the investment portfolio for the trust.


Neha Rashmi (Sr. Executive- HR)     15 March 2010

Thanks Mr. Harsh for your help.. Me or my boss ( Mr. Vasudev) will soon get in touch with you.

Tushar Chowdhary (Lawyer/Consultant)     17 March 2010

Dear Neha,

Before providing any suggestion, I would like to know the place where the issue has arised

or the place where the industry is situated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register