LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Closing a case

Hello All,

Can anyone please inform me the procedure involved in closing a lower court civil case in Mumbai - Maharashtra State.

Also what are the documentations required as well as the time period involved.

Thank You


 2 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     17 March 2012

In civil case, Only Petitioner can close casae, by Application to civil court that vhe do not want to proceed further, and hereby pray to allow him to withdraw the petition. Court Pass order to allow him to closew his case, and refunfd part of his court fees too. 


Moot court??

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 March 2012

File an application under order 23 rule 1 of civil procedure code accompanaied with affidavit of petitioner plaintiff that he does not want to continue and proceed further in case and be allowed to him to withdraw the case.the court will pass an order accordingly if the opposite party have no objection.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register