LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHISHEK (OWNER)     26 January 2016

Clarify

Recently a property was purchased by my brother-in-law jointly with wife (my sister) through "AGREEMENT TO SELL" . An advocate who prepared this document, informed to my brother-in-law that if he (first joint owner) unfortunately dies joint owner i.e. his wife (my sister,second joint owner) will get whole property in her name only without a WILL or succession certificate after legal term which has been added as ," .(hereinafter referred to as the 'Second Party' which expression shall unless repugnant to the law or expressly excluded by the context mean and include all his respective legal, heirs,successors, executors,administrators, representatives.attorneys,successors-in-interest,nominees and assigns) of the second part."

Above legal term has been given just after my brother-in-law & wife(sister) name.

Please suggest whether my brother-in-law is required to write a WILL for this property or not to safe his wife(my sister).

Learning

4 Replies

ABHISHEK (OWNER)     26 January 2016

Legal term,".(hereinafter referred to as the 'Second Party' which expression shall unless repugnant to the law or expressly excluded by the context mean and include all his respective legal, heirs,successors,executors,administrators,representatives.attorneys,successors-in-interest,nominees and assigns) of the second part."

r.sathyanarayanan   27 January 2016

Dear Sir ,if i your brother in-law is a hindu then his mother,his wife(your sister)and his kids will inherit his half share of the property.

r.sathyanarayanan   27 January 2016

Dear Sir ,if i your brother in-law is a hindu then his mother,his wife(your sister)and his kids will inherit his half share of the property.

ABHISHEK (OWNER)     27 January 2016

Dear sir, my brother-in-law is a hindu..........a wrong information was given to my brother-in-law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register