Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Clarification reg meet my wife when cases pending in court

Dear SIr/Madam,

My marriage done on Nov 2015 and   We are lived  only 2 month in my wife home after marriage.

Small misunderstood we are separate from Feb 2016. After one year again i try to rejoin but its not possible.

So I have filed  conjugal rights against my wife on 2018 in my native.

Then My wife filed divorce in her native on 2019 and DV on  Jan 2020. 

The both Divorce and DV case absolutely false case on me.

So i am feel very alone now and i am feel very pressure without my wife.

So my question is can i go to my wife home to meet and talk with her  in cases pending situation.

Please give your valuable suggestion for me.



 7 Replies

sunil Rathore   18 September 2020

It is a better option that you should discuss with your wife what she really wants, If there is no situation that you can live together then you can get divorce by mutual consent.

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     18 September 2020

Better to discuss in presence of the elders. Sit and settle the issues. . One has to compromise in a family for better living If not  go for mutual consent divorce. Do not waste your precious time in roaming around the courts. There should be a Happy marriage or easy divorce.

1 Like


Obviously both of took some hasty steps on spur of the moment without proper application of mind on its consequences.  Your willingness now to patch up with your wife is really laudable.  However, when the matter is already subjudice, prudent for you to involve some mutually respectable relatives or community members to bring about an amicable solution and restart your family life forgetting whatever had happened in the past please.  Best of luck.

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Advocate, High court )     20 September 2020

As of now, better to avoid going to your wife's place in person unless you are sure that she would not lodge any false criminal complaint against you. If you want to convey any positive message to your wife, you can send it first through some mediators or through e.mail or whatsApp, etc. instead of going to her place in person.

PRASHANT RAJPUT   20 September 2020

You got married in 2015 but you waited 3 years before filling RCR Section 9 and then She took 4 years to file a Divorce case and then frivolous DV case in 2020. These facts show that the marriage has no potential to revive.


I have seen number of such instances where couples happily revived their  relations and started aftesh ,  including in few cases after  breaking & fighting for decades too.  Therefore, everything is possible if approached with positive mind and sincerity  please. 

2 Like


Thank you Sir for your  valuable suggestion and spent time for me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query