LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.Ganesan (Lect.)     02 January 2011

Clarification on gratuity.

I worked with a private deemed-to-be university in Tamil Nadu for more than 5 years and resigned on 30th November 2010. Am I eligible for gratuity as per gratuity act? (2) Is it statutory? (3) If so, What should I do to claim the same? What is the time limit for getting the gratuity? Thanking you for your time and reply, R. Ganesan.


 2 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     14 January 2011

You are entitled for gratuity. You can file the claim before controlling authority ie. Assistnat Labour Commissioner of the area.

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     15 January 2011


1.Yes, you are entitled for gratuity.

2.It is statutory obligation of employer to comply the provision of Payment of Gratuity Act

3. Make a demand, thereafter approach the Controlling Authority and file a claim against your employer claiming the amount of Gratuity.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query