Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay ragavendran   20 August 2022

claiming of share sold by father

Hello Sir,

My grandfather bought a house (in early 1950s) and he has four male children including my father. My grandfather died without executing any documents/ will.
So the house belongs to these 4, each 1/4. One of my father's siblings sold his  share to my dad in 1980 and it's properly documented/Registered, but his daughter(who sold his share to my dad and passed away) registered a document taking sole ownership from her sister as if her father did not sell it to any one.
 All of my grandfather's four children including my father are no more.
 The above said fake claiming document was registered in 2010. The same transaction is present in EC.

How come the registration department allowed such an illegal exercise.
What should be our side move to protect our hard earned assets. 

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 August 2022

"So the house belongs to these 4, each 1/4. One of my father's siblings sold his  share to my dad in 1980 and it's properly documented/Registered, but his daughter(who sold his share to my dad and passed away) registered a document taking sole ownership from her sister as if her father did not sell it to any one."

The facts posted lack clarity. Did she sell the entire property or the share in the property that belonged to her father (before the sale to your father? Wha was in possession and occupation of the proerty?

vijay ragavendran   20 August 2022

She dint sell. She registered a document like a settlement between siblings. Her younger sister giving her share to elder sister. Her father sold his share to my father in 1980. The above said fake claiming document registered in 2010.

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 August 2022

You are yet to provide the material facts. No menaingful suggestion is possible on the basis of incomplete information.

vijay ragavendran   21 August 2022

Thank you so much

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 August 2022

Repeated query at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/ancestral-property-claiming-ownership-of-the-asset-already-sold-by-father-225518.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register