LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anoop Mishra   09 July 2020

claiming money

my elder sister committed suicide in 2010, she had some money in her bank account as fixed deposit, in which my father is nominee. Now my father wants to claim that money is it possible, if yes then what is the procedure

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 July 2020

1. IF Father is registered Nominee in Bank Records, THEN file Application to Bank Manager alongwith original Death Certificate of account holder and request to close account and give bankers cheque for the residual balance of the account including FDR's or whatever.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 July 2020

Nomination is a facility that enables an account holder to appoint an individual, who can claim the proceeds of the deposit account after the death of the depositor. The benefit of nomination is that in the event of the death of an account holder.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 July 2020

Hello,

Your father can very well claim the money as he is registered as nominee. Make application attaching death certificate of your sister. Bank is bound to release amount to your father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register