LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dwaipana Srivatsa   25 October 2020

Claim of property by son

Learned friends, My father(last of 5 brothers) inherited his property through partition deed when his father (my grand father) died without creating a will. Before my father passed away he created a partion deed and I got a portion of that property. Now my questions are: (1) Is this property considered self acquired by me? and (2) Will my son have claim on it as per ancestral property law? (3) Can I WILL this property to my neices who are taking care of me in my old age, while my son and wife are living separately and are not interested in taking care of me or living with me despite several attempts in the past 12 years?

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 October 2020

After partition, the portion of you will be treated as your self-acquired property.  You have a right to dispose it as you wish.

Dwaipana Srivatsa   26 October 2020

Thanks for clarifying sir. One further question. Do I need consent of wife or son to sell the property?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 October 2020

Not necessary.

Devika S   28 October 2020

I have a doubt that it was how he can treated this property as self acquired property after partition ?
is there any provision for converting inheritance property as self acquired property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register