LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GIRISH RAO (supervisor)     28 November 2013

Claim of fixed deposit by nominee

My uncle died intestate. I and my mother are the nominees of his bank accounts and fixed deposits. His brother's sisters have taken away the deposit receipts and I am not able to claim the same. Kindly advise about the procedure for claim in absence of original receipts.


 2 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     29 November 2013

Nominee has right to claim F.D. of deceased and Bank should pay to them under Banking  Regulation Act,  and all the legal heirs, successors must distribute equally. His brother's sister has taken F.D. original you file criminal complaint.  contact:    GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  email:  Cell No: 9290673693

GIRISH RAO (supervisor)     01 December 2013

Thanks for replying. If the nieces get a succession certificate can I refuse to distribute the money to them. What is the procedure to be followed if the certificates are not handed over to me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads