LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya narayana   05 January 2016

Claim for ancestral property after 24 years

Dear Sir,


My father purchased a property in 2014 from a lady (Mary Joseph). This property was in turn purchased by Mary from one Mr. Sanjeev In year 1990. This person Sanjeev got this property from his father and is an ancestral property.


Now when we are in the possession of this property Mr. Sanjeev’s two sons (Mr. Ravikumar and Mr. Sashi Kumar) are sending us the lawyer notice claiming that this property was sold to Mary without their consent and are expecting some settlement/claim from us.


Till this date that is since 24+ years they were quite and did not ask form any claim with Mary and now suddenly they are troubling us for their claim.


Can someone guide me the legal obligation on us?


When I try to identify the options, I understood the following.

1.As per Limitation act, they are not entitled for any claim as the time limit specified for appealing any claim is 12 years.

2.The sale deed from all of us are as per the prevailing law and are appropriate stamp duty has been paid while registering the property

3.Mary has been paying all the taxes till date and was in peaceful possession of the property till she sold to us.

4.Mr. Sanjeev died in 2003 (13 years after the sale to Mary)

5.The parties are claiming that the partition deed was executed in 1994; the partition deed is not registered.

6.Mr. Ravi I is aged about 60 years and Mr. Shashi is about 50 years (Hindu, Scheduled Caste) and Mary is a Christian


 1 Replies

jagannath magar   05 January 2016

Don't entertain the applicant. The agreement is not between ur father and Mr sanjeev.they r trying to extract money from you.cont ur lawyer with notice and reply the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register