Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkataraman (PENSIONER)     04 March 2010

civil law

sir,

MY HOUSE BELONGS TO THE NAME OF MY MOTHER.PRESENTLY SHE IS ALIVE AND LIVING WITH US.IN THE MEANWHILE, (BEFORE 30 DAYS ) I CAME TO KNOW THAT MY NEIGHBOUR WAS PREPARED AN UNREGISTERD NOTARY POWER OF ATTORNEY DATED AT NOVEMBER 2005 AND SOLD OUR PROPERTY TO SOMEONE AT MAY 2009 WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF MY MOTHER.IN FUTURE WHAT KIND OF ACTIONS CAN I TAKE TO SAVE OUR PROPERTY?PLZ REPLY ME SIR.

Learning

5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     04 March 2010

Your mother can revoke power of attorney through publishing it's revocation in general news papers.

shrikant chede (law officer)     05 March 2010

I agree with Mr Arvind

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     05 March 2010

When the power was not executed by the mother, then it need not be revoked.

Because revocation of power can validate the fraud committed by the neibhour.

This is clear forgery and fraud. File a criminal case against those persons and if necessary give public notice that your mother never gave any power to anybody.

By unregistered power, an immovable property can not be sold/conveyed.

To sell a immovable property, a registered power is required. Please check with local registry whether the sale was registered, if yes, then how? you can also file complaint against registrar in such a case.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     28 March 2010

I agree with Mr.Ramesh,u need to have a registered POA to sell a property, first check with concerned S.R.O and u can proceed no need to even cancel POA as it has no legal sanctity

sangam kumar (Web Maseter)     04 August 2012

You have to consult with civil lawyers in your city they will give you best advice for there problem. Wihtout 100% understaing of cases don't go to court. 

I want to tel you about a law firm and one of the best advantage is there are providing free legal consultant:

You can find them at: https://www.helplinelaw.com/services/civil-lawyer.php

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register