LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivaprasad patil (Senior Engineer)     15 November 2023

Civil dispute compromise query

Dear Experts,

I have a plot / site in Hyderabad, that is encroached by two neighbors from back side. I filed a case on both of them and obtained injection. One of the party wanted to compromise, he don't want to peruse the case. Please tell me what is the procedure to get this compromise done.  Is it through Lok Adalat ? or it can be done in the same civil court where the case is running ?

I check with lawyer, he says it can not be done, as I have filed on Two people,  It can be only possible when Both of the people on whom I filed case will come together and do a compromise with me.  

Please enlighten me with you expertise and knowledge, I would be ever thankful to you.

Kindly share if any supporting judgements available.





 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 November 2023

I agree with the view of your lawyer.  When both the neighbours agree to compromise then only you can file a compromise petition through your lawyer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2023

Theoplaintiff can file a petition before the trial court giving reasons therein and seek to exenorate the defendant. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     16 November 2023

The relief sought against one of the two defendants may be compromised in Mediation, Lok Adalat, Trial Court where case is pending, out of court or any other mode.

The opinion and advise of your lawyer is perfect.

Advocate Rajamahendra Varma P (Advocate)     16 November 2023

Yes, follow your lawyer suggestion to get this case close. I agree with above experts opinion as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register