IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopal   31 March 2016

Civil death declaration

Dear sir/Madam, How can i obtain civil death declaration from honorable court. My father is missing since 1989 (About 27 years ago).


 2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     31 March 2016

1. Was a missing person complaint lodged with the police at that time when your father went missing?

2. Was any Public Notice published in the news paper about his missing ?

3. You can file a civil miscellanous application u/s 151 of C.P.C. before the D.C.J. & J.M. (F.C.) narrating as how your father had gone missing and his whereabouts  are not knwon to you or to such person who would ordinarily would be in his contacts had he been alive and pray to the court to decalre that your father is assumed to be dead as per s. 108 of the Indian Eidence Act, 1872. 



@ Rohit 

I have some query Why you did not mention Specific Relief Act under section  Declaration that person is dead. 

Wanted some clarification on it.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query