LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrata (technician)     17 December 2012

Citibank legal notice

I have sent a legal notice to Citibank on 26/11/12, disputing the preclosure amount they have asked us to pay.

I had taken a home loan of 10 lacs have already paid 6 lacs rupess,  now when I want preclose they want me to pay 952000.

My concern today is they have not replied back to my notice which was sent on 26/11/2012. When I called citi customer care rep has no clue that notice has been sent. and asked me to call back after 2 days

Learning

2 Replies

gopal (Faculty)     17 December 2012

Sir,

How do you sent your legal Notice ,by ordinary post or Registered post with Acknoledgment due.  The legal proof is The Postal Acknowledgment. if you have proof of delivery then you can file case against Citi Bank in Consumer Court and produce your documents and evidances and get the remedy

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     18 December 2012

How can you send a legal notice just because you had a incorrect demand. Did  you try to speak to them prior to this notice??

Send a notice again via registered post and an e mail too. If the amount demanded is ultra vires the agreement then you can always raise a consumer dispute....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register