LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh Nihalaney (CEO)     19 May 2012

Cibil report dispute

I wanted to get an opinion regarding any legal recourse available to individuals who have suffered rejection/disregard of loan facilities due to a wrong entry by Bank/CIBIL in one’s credit report. A financial instituition , with whom i had a very good payment track record had given a preapproval for business funds , but disregarded the same due to an adverse entry in my CIBIL report by Kotak Prime. I had raised the dispute with CIBIL and it was admitted by them that another individual’s record has been mistakenly added to mine which actually has led to my loss due to rejection of my loan requirments. How can i make either the Bank or CIBIL accountable for this loss? can i approach a consumer court for this?


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2012

As mentioned at its website

Rectifying Information in your CIR

Q.14. How does an individual rectify information in his/her CIBIL Credit Report?

You should follow the below process for rectification of credit information in your CIBIL Credit Report.

  • Step 1: Access your Credit Report from CIBIL. Link to the section- 'Access Your CIBIL Credit Report' Please refer to the section on 'Access Your CIBIL Credit Report'
  • Step 2: Identify the error in your report and write to consumerqueries@cibil.com with your queries.
  • Step 3: Contact the related credit grantor(s) immediately and inform them of the error by providing them with the necessary proof of having cleared your dues
  • Step 4: Once the credit grantor validates the error (s), they will re-submit the updated information to CIBIL.

Please remember that CIBIL does not make changes to any information on its own. It is only a custodian of information received from credit institutions. CIBIL is permitted to make changes to your credit information only when it is confirmed by the credit institution(s).

Therefore you may agitate to Kotak.

The charges of CIBIL for providing CIR are higher. Customer can ask for credit report from Bank/FI.The fee is max. Rs.50/


Attached File : 850119690 right-to-cibil-credit-report-india.pdf downloaded: 122 times

Susang Tharemal (Consultant)     29 June 2012


Hi kamlesh
Please do visit www.rectifycredit.com
They provide advisory services in rectifying your credit score. 
Also visit www.creditduniya.com. It provides useful information.

Rasik Dagli (Lawyer)     13 August 2012

Dear Sir,

Cibil has become a commercial enterprise and even one settls the matter with  Credit Card Company or Bank by paying the amount the CIBIL will state "settled" but the original entry of ' Default Status" will remain there. Any Bank therefore can see that there was adefault by the applicant. Cibil do not remove the Default entry in the manner as if it was never there. This is how CIBIL is working with a view to earn from such Credit Reports.

Time has come when all should unit to fight with CIBIL .

 Any body who want guidence or help may contact me at - rvdadvocate@gmail.com - and I will help without charging any fees.


Rasik Dagli


Sudhir Lal (Expert)     18 April 2013


I had a similar problem with CIBIL. I got in touch with Credit Sudhaar( www.creditsudhaar.com ) The entire experience was a pleasure, the price was right, the counsellors were always courteous and well informed.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register