Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

discography (none)     05 November 2014

Cibil history

Dear Sir,

I have defaulted a personal loan, since I was jobless for 4 years. And I am still trying to recover from the losses hence unable to pay it.  The loan was disbursed in March 2006 and the last payment was made in September 2012.   However the bank continues to report it to CIBIL.  The loan period was for 4 years.

My question is how long will they continue to report to CIBIL. 

There is a subsequent question after I get some clarity through your responses

Many thanks in advance. 

Warm regards

Abraham.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 November 2014

“Bad credit score” is really a scary phrase these days. Many people are stuck with a bad credit score/report due to their own or credit card company mistakes, but most of the times I see that it happens due to poor credit behaviour and mis-management of credit officers. Everyone wants to improve cibil score, so that they do not face any issue in getting loans at some point in future

1 Like

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     05 November 2014

i agree with the above advice.

discography (none)     05 November 2014

Sir How long will the bank continue to report the default status.

Warm regards

Abraham.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     06 November 2014

So long you continue to stay as defaulter.

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     07 November 2014

Till you adjust/clear your loan account.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2014

Once the bank loan is fully discharged or the bank decides t waive it of for some obvious reasons, the cibil report will be closed.  Since your last repayment was in the year 2012, and very well within the limitation period, the report to cibil will continue.  You have to clear your liability to improve your cibil score.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register