LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atreyi Mukherjee (Service)     02 May 2008

CIBIL and Satyam

I would like to know that these days private bank use customer credit rating by going through CIBIL report.This CIBIL accessability has been given only to authoirzed bankers. But there are often wrong data - now how will an ordinary citizen of our country can come to know about this. Moreover this whole system is very much in favour of bank. Moreoever what is satyam credit rating? How can this be brought in public awareness and media review.

Learning

6 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     10 May 2008

Credit rating companies would deliver opinions and solutions that:
» Help clients mitigate and manage their business & financial risks
» Make markets function better, and,
» Help shape public policy.

You can write about this to the Media

Guest (n/a)     10 September 2008

hi
could u give me a link to access the satyam database for our name ?

Prabakaran (Legal solutions)     17 March 2009

It is very unfortunate that cibil does not share the information with the concerned individual. There needs to be awareness among the general public and it has to be highlighted to RBI. A cibil report can damage an individual very badly, something has to be done about it.         

Ruchi (HR Manager)     17 March 2009

dear Atreyi,

Banking details of every individual is updated on CIBIL on monthly basis. It can be a credit card, loans or any banking transactions....and the data is not wrong...but if you have applied for credit card or loan and the bank says that you are a defaulter, then u can ask the bank to give proper justification and if they told u that you have less CIBIL score; you can always ask the score and if you feel the reason is not correct you can mail to CIBIL. Now a days, public is more smarter than the media persons.

Aparna (Head Operations )     20 October 2010

Hello Atreyi,

95% of the Private sector Banks and Non Banking Financial companies use CIBIL credit report for loan application assessment and decision making. Satyam negative list is list of defaulters primarily for credit cards however its losing its importance over a period of time. CIBIL does not create the data so in case anyone has issues with the wrong data they need to approach their banks/financial institutions.

Regards

Aparna from RectifyCredit (www.rectifycredit.com)

Hari (Practice Manager)     18 January 2011

Hello Aparna,

Your reply has been valuable. However, I would like to understand how to get my name out of Satyam? I have a peculiar situation which I just posted on RTI Forum https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/66473-personal-loan-rejection-reason.html#post160572. 

In my case, other banks have approved my loan application/credit card application without any hassals and only DB is being very cranky in divulging information to me. 

This is a Democratic country and how can someone not share information but have negative information about me? I have my CIBIL report in hand and when I showed it to few finance people, they said it was not bad. Even I submitted the same to DB and after few days they are saying that my name is in Satyam list (Initially they said my name was on CIBIL and when I have the report in hand, they changed their reply) and I do not know which bank has put my name. I can correct the problem only when I know the problem. In my case I feel i am being cheated and held responsible for some crime which I have not committed. 

Can you please help? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register