LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi   21 June 2024


Being 20% owner & legal heir in the 2 flats for which Consent terms were filed all legal heirs in 2009, I had recently sent a reminder to the society by Speed Post but to my utter surprise the Secretary didn't claimed the letter inspite of intimation and it's returned to sender(me) yesterday.

The 2 flats were bought by my late father in 1973 and now the building is due for redevelopment.

Purpose was to intimate the society to keep me informed in regards to redevelopment of building and any agreement without my signature will constrained me to take appropriate legal action.

What's experts suggestion in this regard. TIA and wonderful positive experience so far.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2024

If your father is not alive and he has not made any nomination to the flats then the properties/flats left behind by him shall devolve equally on all his legal heirs.

If your siblings or mother had already intimated the death of your father then the association/society has to demand the legal heirship certificate or succession certificate.

If the association is refusing to receive your intimation sent by speed post, then you issue a legal notice to the association  through a lawyer.

If they still ignore the legal notice then you can approach court and obtain a stay order against the association in this regard so that the redevelopment work will come to a halt in view of the court stay order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register