LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     01 December 2009

Christian Lady & Muslim Guy

Dear All,

Greetings for the day.

Straight to question needs ur valuable advice :

Christian lady -X who is married for 5 years to a christian guy -Y as per the customs of christian marriage act.

after 5 years of happy married life the Y is ignoring the X and beating her harassing her taking full of drinks abusing infornt of all the people on daily basis. Recently came to know Mr.Y is having living relatiionship with other lady.

Mr.Y left Mrs.X 3 years back and from past 3years they are living seperately....and after query found that he is living with other lady. recently one muslim guy working in the same office become close to Mrs.X even though he know that she is christian and having one child he is ready to marry the christian girl.

Any how they are living sepereatly for past 3years and her first hushand left her,on what grounds she can take divorse from her first husband and marry the muslim guy.

will the first husband can create any problem....pls suggest so that both should be safe ( Christian women & Muslim Guy ) live the happy married life.

Looks like a filmi story but is is fact of my friends sister iam sure u experts will help us and guide us.

Thanks in advance




 7 Replies


X and Y can take divorce on mutual consent. After getting divorce decree X can marry muslim guy.

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     01 December 2009

Dear Sathya Prakash Ji,

He is not ready to give divorse and more over he is absconding from past 3years there is no information of him except we know he is in some village with a lady as per the information we have received we dont have his address also.If we approach for divorse we are sure he will never give and he will demand for huge money.



Without divorce she can not marry.

I can suggest that

She has to lodge a complaint in the police station that her husband has been absconding for the last three years and eloped with a woman. His whereabouts is not known. Living alone with child.

Later consult a well experienced advocate to a file an affidavit in the court seeking permission for remarriage for self protection.,

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     02 December 2009



The wife can apply for the divorce on cruelty u/s 10 of Indian Divorce Act. She will get the ex-parte order if the husband is not contesting.


Hardik ji,

Husband is absconding. First she has to lodge complaint with police. How she can prove that her husband's cruelty when his whereabout is not known for the last three years?

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     02 December 2009

Dear All,

Thanks for ur reply.... as told by Mehta Ji can i file a cruelty u/s 10 of Indian Divorce Act.

She is having the proof that earlier her husband use to harass her and she has filed a complaint in Women Protection Cell, and he has given the assurance in writing that she will not repeat the mistakes,complain to police is very must pls suggest ?

Hardik Mehta

Family Counsellor

[ Scorecard : 178]

Thank the Contributor

Send PM




The wife can apply for the divorce on cruelty u/s 10 of Indian Divorce Act. She will get the ex-parte order if the husband is not contesting.


Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     02 December 2009


In addition to above, even desertion and non conjugal for 3 years is cruelty. The divorce can be filed and the summons needs to be send to the last known address as well as the native address and if possible relatives address. Then the ex-parte order can be taken, if the husband is not contesting for the summons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query