LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ani.Anonymous (Service)     17 July 2011

Christian Divorce law and absconding spouse... Pls Help

I had posted question on Christian law before and absconding spouse.

Now, after the good advice I got, I by great effort contacted my seperated spouse. I still dont have his contact num only he can call from his father'snumber.

I told him that the best option is to go for mutual divorce, he is denying the marriage itself.

We got married when both were underage, in a Protestant Church, the marriage was arranged by his parents it was emergency( I was carrying his child). The marriage was never registered and we never followed up. Now after 10years of marriage and 2 kids later my husband seperated. I have gone through lot of pain because of him, his womanising ways and eventually he wanted to leave because he got a younger girl.

Its been 6years now, Iam looking after my kids and also working for managable salary. 

Now he says that he has married again and is expecting another child from present girl, he cannot have anything to do with my kids and he says that  my marriage with him is not valid. All my and kids certificate shows his name as father, for example, my Pan card is with my name and his surname, my kids birth certificate has his name, all thier school certificates have his name as father, I have photographs of so many years as family. My wedding photographs was destroyed by my angry mother except that I dont have any proof that we led a married life.

Is he correct in saying that we were never married? Are my children illegimate? What does the law say?

All I want is my kids should not go under that name as illegimate, he should have responsibilty for the kids after all he is his father,  I need a court -law saying Iam the sole legal coustodian of my kids, and if my marriage is valid then Divorce.

Please extend your help like before, As you suggested I have tried and succeeded in knowing his whereabouts.....

Learning

1 Replies

james bhatti (Advocate)     18 July 2011

YOU ARE CONFUSED AND PERPLEXED BABY. AS PER YOUR VERSION YOUR MARRIAGE WAS SOLEMNISED IN A PROTESTANT CHURCH. IF IT WAS SO, THE PRIEST MUST HAVE ISSUED YOU A CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE.TtHAT IS THE PROOF THAT YOU ARE MARRIED TO YOUR HUSBAND. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE, ASK THE PASTOR AND HE CAN NOT REFUSE.

YOU CAN SEEK DIVORCE ON THE GROUND OF HIS BEING WOMANISER; AND CAN FILE A COMPLAINT FOR REMARRYING A WOMEN WHILE THE FIRST WIFE HAS NEITHER BEEN DIVORCED NOR SHE HAS DIED.

ST. PAUL SAYS DO NOT BE DIVORCED BUT IF YOU FIND THAT YOUR SPOUSE IS LIVING IN ADULTERY, DIVORCE HER/HIM.

LET HIM SAY WHATEVER HE DOES, BUT YOU ARE HIS WIFE. iF YOU OBTAIN A DIVORCE, YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE CALLED ILLEGITIMATE.

I BEING A AHRISTIAN ADVOCATE CAN HELP YOU A LOT BUT I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT YOU. IF YOU LIVE IN PUNJAB, DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT OR SEE ME. YOUR CASE SHALL BE KEPT SECRET. EVEN YOU MEETING WITH ME SHALL BE KEPT SECRET. IF YOU TRUST ME, NOTE MY CELL: +918699641510

GOD BE WITH YOU.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register