New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vetrivel (Personal)     27 June 2023

Children right on dad`s gift property

My Father got a property from his Dad as gift. My Dad has 2 sons and my Dad gifted that property to 1 son alone. Is there any legal option available for me to get my share of that property? . Kindly Advise.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 June 2023

He obtained it as a gift, it is his self acquired property and hence he can gift it to anyone and you cannot ask.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 June 2023

No, your father got the property through gift deed and became absolute owner of property has right to transfer the property as per his wish, you can't  challenge such transfer.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

The property acquired by your father via a gift deed becomes his self acquired property hence as an absolute owner, he can transfer or alienate the property anyone in any manner he decide and desre.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register