IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu   04 January 2016

Child name correction in birth certificate



At the time of my Son Birth certificate, we entered long name( above 32 characters) at Vijayawada Corporation, Andhra Pradesh. He is 3 yrs aged, now we wish to shorten the name in Birth certificate

ex:- per exampble

Original/entered name like:    AAA  bbbbb  cccccc dddd  EEEEEEEEEEE

I want to correct it :                 AAA  EEEEEEEEEE


Please suggest the approach., Thanks in advance.





 2 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     05 January 2016

Make an affidavit changing the name and getting it notarized, get it published in the Gazette and get the copy of the notification of gazette for your personal purpose and the name deemed to be changed.

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     05 January 2016

It is usually very difficult to change the name of the Birth Certificate. It is better if you use the shorter version of the name in all his school forms and in his 10th class certificate.

You might not need to change the name in the Birth Certificate as the Birth Certificate with the longer name shall be valid at almost all places. You can have the other documents such as PAN Card and Passport in the shorter name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query