Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

San   01 June 2021

Child maintenance and maintenance after second divorce

Hi all,

1.How long to pay maintaince for male child?
2. If court orders to pay child maintance of Rs.10,000 per month, should I also separately pay my childs school fees and any other child expense OR is it considered as part of Rs.10,000 and I need not pay his school fees, etc?
3. If I marry a divorced person who already has kids from her first marriage and then if a second divorce takes place where I don't have any kids with her, should I give maintence to her and her kids (of her first marriage)?

Learning

2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     01 June 2021

If a child by second wife then you are liable to pay maintenance. As for as the child from first wife you need to pay maintenance as well as you may pay their studies if they demand further .its all in the hands of court .

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     01 June 2021

Hello,

1.How long to pay maintaince for male child?

As per my opinion, you will have to pay maintenance to the male child till he attains 21 years of age.

2. If court orders to pay child maintance of Rs.10,000 per month, should I also separately pay my childs school fees and any other child expense OR is it considered as part of Rs.10,000 and I need not pay his school fees, etc?

You have to pay maintenance as per the order of the court. Your wife can ask to pay the school fees etc. of your child.

3. If I marry a divorced person who already has kids from her first marriage and then if a second divorce takes place where I don't have any kids with her, should I give maintence to her and her kids (of her first marriage)?

As per my opinion, you have to pay maintenance to your biological child. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register