Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (Manager)     16 March 2014

Child maintenance

Hi experts

the wife is asking maintenance for herself and child, the case is still running. if the court orders the husband to pay maintenance every month to the child, can the husband ask the wife to provide account for all the expenses made to the child from the maintenance amount? this is to ensure the money is utilized for the child properly..

also please give if you have any similar judgements for reference.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 March 2014

Do you ask your wife to maintain ledgers for domestic expenses? If yes, the wife getting maintenance may be directed by Court(on application from husband)  to remit account books, vouchers, receipts and other relevant expenses .

kumar (Manager)     16 March 2014

Dr J C Vashista,

Thanks for the reply. I know it is difficult to maintain vouchers, receipts for all domestic expenses. The idea is just to write the expenses done for the child and send by email. If there found something which is not reasonable then do the husband has the rights to ask for explanation? this is because i dont want the wife to use the child maintenance for for herself as she will be getting a separate maintenance.

great india (manager)     16 March 2014

First let orders be passed. Asking for such things sometimes annoys the court. Let orders be passed, defend properly then anyways you can go for revision or appeal.....

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2014

there is no provision in law to seek a direction to wife to submit the details of expenses made towards the maintenance of the child, you cannot ask for that.  You have to pay the maintenance amount to the child and the wife as ordered by the court, you cannot ask  such question through court, it can happen only at home.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 March 2014

You cannot question the details of expenses, just you have to pay and relax

kumar (Manager)     18 March 2014

Thanks everyone for your reply. I understood the father can not ask the details.

I hope you all understood the reason for my question.

So the father can only give the money but can not get to know the money is properly spent on the benefit of the child or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register