LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satnam singh (job less)     22 February 2011

child gurdianship u/s 25 ???????????

my son aged 5-1/2 yr. old studying in Boarding(hostel). my wife file u/s25 after one yr. she left me. history is like this..

1 )  In march2008 she left in-laws home and i file sec 9 HMA then she came back and she give affidavit as compromise in which she declair that their is no demand of dowary and i am completly happy with in-laws.

2) we start live sepratly from my parents in dec2008 and father dispossesioned me by article in news paper.

3)we went on rent accomodation in may 2009 then she left my home again then i file sec 13 for divorce. after four month she again came back and did compromise with me. then i stoped my case.

4) after two days she again left the home and give application to ssp that i  went somewhere with child.

then after 8 month of this complaint they managed it and make FIR 498a, 120B,406 and my parents was arrested they are on regular bail and I am also on regular bail by HC. chargsheet is filed and HC has stop the procedding becouse i filed  Quashing .

please answer followings:

a)HC said in order that my wife mis used the process of law becouse she compained after 6 days of compromise and in FIR their is no alligation at all except I left child . CAN THIS CASE QUASH...????

b) now she filed sec 25 for child but child is more then 5 yr. ( 5-1/2 yr. old). and doing study in best residencial school. also i have done insurance and RD account in bank. he is living without mother from last more then 1-1/2 yr.   WHAT SHOULD I DO THAT JUDGE GIVE ORDER IN MY FAVOUR.?????  i have not attended summons yet. further date is increased. .

c)  on which ground i can file divorce??????????

thanks all

satnam singh

Learning

4 Replies

Aakash Verma (Designer)     23 February 2011

You can follow the below message & discuss with more expreinced lawyer's :

Section 13 - Divorce :-

1. Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, may, on a petition presented by either the husband or the wife, be dissolved by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party
    1. has, after the solemnization of the marriage, had voluntary s*xual intercourse with any person other than his or her spouse; or
    2. has, after the solemnization of the marriage, treated the petitioner with cruelty; or
    3. has deserted the petitioner for a continues period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition; or the passing of a decree for restitution of conjugal rights in a proceeding to which they were parties.

satnam singh (job less)     24 February 2011

please asnwer about u/s25 and what to do take this case in my favour.

thankx

Ambika (NA)     24 February 2011

If the child is well settled in the residential school, the tendency is this that the child will not be disturbed and allowed to continue in the boarding school with visitation rights to the  mother, as he is already in your custody. The court may think it appropriate to look into the fact how well settled  is the child  emotionally in the residential school.

Please wait for more opinions coupled with some good judgements similar to your case. The case of the child 's custody is decided not in favour of Mother or father but in favour of the best interest of the child, and here the honorable judge can use his/her own discretion keeping child 's interest in the centre.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 February 2011

@ Author

You have come a long way as I participated into no. of your previous postings and glad to know inspite of different remarks of various authors you have preserved the 'best interest' of child as paramount. Gr8 to hear this.

May suggest;

1. Not to delay attending S. 25 GWA and using Laxmi Kant Pandey authority which I already posted some months back int he family law forum file S. 17 GWA R/w S. 151 CPC application to dispose her S. 25 GWA in 2 months time bound executive Order as it it is not in the interest of child to prolong litigation.

2. Now what I assume here from your so many previous briefs and this latest one is that the hon'ble Court will not disturb the 'status quo' and if you can manage ot produce the 'conduct re. HC abiuse of process of law' into the perception of ld. Judge at GWA proceedings he will formulate a middle way out whose 'option' also you as natural guardian (S. 6 HAMA) you have to propose. Option 1 custody of child retained with father stress here on S. 6
HAMA R/w S. 17 GWA where by the position becomes very clear. Option 2 suo motto visitation as per best interest of child to mother. Note here, both options will be now contested by mother then you have to stress the bar of 2 months forcefully and Court will naturally protect "best interest of child" as in not like to disturb the present equation - status quo and the case is in favor of child at the end. Also note under custody matters technicalities are not hindrance of the Court and following to the point CPC is frowned upon in custody matters by various HC including Hon’ble SC so place the reasoning well therein.

3. In your case 'conduct' of mother needs more stress and such conduct influence on a child. Who knows she will be completely barred even from visitation and for the same catena of decisions of more or less similar facts from SC to various HC's are there.

I am noticing that your child is progressing under your care quite good all these months since your very first mail dozen months back if referred to....

All the best.... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register