25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintenancevictim (Own)     22 March 2016

Child custody question


I recently applied for my 8 year son's custody. Application was accepted today and I will get the case number and hearing date soon. During the first hearing, I want to request the Judge for interim visitation alongwith a permission to interact with my son daily for an hour on phone or Skype. I want to volunteer to buy a tablet for this. I want the judge to allow in view of the technological advances and not restrict visitation to only physical visitation

Has anyone requested this before and are there any judgements in this regard? If yes please share the link so that I can use it to strengthen my case


 3 Replies


You can ask judge as the relationship btw u n ur wife is strained, that you want to give tablet etc to kid so that you can spend more time with kid.  Or u can simply gift it and see what objections will wife raise in court.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     24 March 2016

YO filed main petition for custody then wqhy did you not file INterim applicatin foa llyour interim reliefs same time.   Why did you wait for the sfirst date, wasting time energey

You acn seek any reliefs so faar as the access and child's welfare is concerned.  YOu wil getallthe reliefs, , but the only herdle is of execution.   You haveto keep patience for everything


vivekjoshi   24 March 2016

The proper procedure is that you file Interim Application for Access. Request the judge to send you and your wife for mediation on access to child. Arrive at at a mutal consent for spending time with the child. The Mediator will help you arriving at consent. The consent terms will be certified by the Judge and you can avail the access as per these consent terms.

Don't Push for your custody case very aggressivly. If yoy do so your estranged wife will create hinderance in access. Hence the best thing is that try for access and push for a Joint Parenting Plan

Show your willingness to maintain the child. Agree for Payment of his school fees and other genuine expenses. 

There is a lot of tutoring of the child in such cases. Engage a good Lawyer

Wish you all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query