LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjan (Manager)     07 February 2014

Child custody for father

Dear All,

Pl advice for the custody of my son (3 years ) old . Staying with my wife since last 6 month . 498A and 125 is running together. I tried many times to talk with my son but she denied. I do not want to spoil the life of my son in our fight. I tried a lot to save the family but could'nt make it. Now my stand is to fight till conviction.

How ,i can get my son in my custody?

Any way to meet my son or talk over phone ?

I want to keep him with me and provide him a good education and many more help me with your advice.


 3 Replies

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     07 February 2014

You need to file for custody under the guadians and wards act 1890.Please find a lawyer who specializes in family law cases and dont go to a lawyer who is handling mostly other matters other than family law.You are the natural guardian of the child and you have every right to claim his custody.Remember that father's in full time jobs rarely are given custody due to time constraints.The welfare and the amount of time a parent can spend with child is of prime importance for the court.If you are in business or moreover working from home earning a sufficient income then you stand good chance for custody.The courts all over India are no longer only pro woman,they are fair now and a father is also given a fair hearing.Please call me if you need any help with regards to custody advice.


Raajeev Sampat/0 8097044030.

1 Like

Ranjan (Manager)     07 February 2014

Dear Rajeev Thanks for the valuable advice.....

I just take you thru some facts .......I stay almost 1200 km far ( state changed) from my wife present stay.

Where i should file the petition???

If court will grant the meeting permission then also it will be difficult to meet my son regularly , as i am in private firm and will not get the frequent off.

Is there any clause in law that the court grant me to keep the son for longer period like a month or 2 month or more coz up-to 5 year. it will be hard to get the full custody???

financially i am sound and will take care of son in well manner even my parents are also quit active and they can take care very well during my office hour.

Pl advice.

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     07 February 2014


             Please give me a ring,i will be able to advise you better if you call me.

Raajeev Sampat.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register