LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh (Manager)     16 April 2012

Child custody filing-nri

Please advice i am NRI to filing child custody in family court, can i submit the child cutody petition through my lawyer. Is it family court can accept the petition through my lawyer because i am an NRI. This is only for petition filing. My Lawyer told during the child custody petition filing i must need to appear in the court. please any one advice your valuale suggestions and what is the procedure.  Thanks,

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 April 2012

Dear Mr.Suresh,

The lawyer can definately file the petition on your behalf after being authorised for the same. Since child's custody is a sensitive issue - and welfare of the child is of paramount consdieration the court may before deciding on custody, would like to examine you, and in that your presence may become imperative, however you can make yourself available through Video Conferencing, the facilities are now available in Indian Courts. 

Feel free to talk !

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 April 2012

Atleast in Delhi, the person seeking custody has to be present on first date for examination by the court before notice is issued to the opposite party.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     02 June 2012

usually the court wants the father to be present during the proceedings. Otherwise you can give power of attorney to some one close who can attned on your behalf. Please appear for the first date personally.

POA has to be signed by the indian embassy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register